Finding Out, Part 2: Robin

By: Mariana

Ladymariann1@hotmail.com

Rating: PG-13.

Summary: Robin finds out about Bruce and Dick. No graphic slash here, just some after - sex parts.

FINDING OUT 2: ROBIN

By Mariana

Been out all night getting into a lot of trouble. Gotham's never dull at night. I've already stopped a couple of armed robberies when Batman calls me. It's been a while since we've worked together, so I'm pretty excited to meet him. That's the bad thing about boarding at Brentwood Academy, it makes it real difficult for me to continue my crimefighting career.

I take the Redbird, another great thing about being back in town, since I can't take it with me to Brentwood. And it's gonna blend in well where I'm going since the address Batman gave me it's not the usual seedy part of town, it's actually a pretty nice neighborhood, so a hot car like the Redbird won't look too out of place. My costume will, though, so I'm gonna have to be extra careful and make sure nobody sees me.

**** **** ****

Everything seems quiet by the time I arrive, no Batmobile in sight, but of course Batman wouldn't just parked it out here. I drive by the place once to check it out, there are high walls all around it and 2 armed guards at the front fence. They have a good security system too, but Batman said he would take care of it.

I park the Redbird as close to the house as I can without alerting the 2 guards and look around. It's very late, so thankfully, the street is empty and everything's quiet. I pull my cape around me to cover my costume as much as possible, the mask is a problem, but I can't do anything about it. I just move towards the house carefully, hiding in the shadows. I'll have to climb the wall, but that's easy, I'm more worried about finding other guards inside.

I reach the top of the wall and watch the place, it's pretty big, not as big as Wayne Manor, of course, but it's still impressive. I wonder what's going on here that's so important to merit Batman's attention. I climb down quietly and move closer, careful to stay in the shadows of the trees in the garden and wait.

There's no sign of Batman yet, maybe he got delayed by something else, sometimes that happens. You have a plan and it gets ruined because some lowlife decided to commit a crime at the same time you were supposed to be stopping some other crime. I should call him, make sure he doesn't needs my help...

"Hey kid, we've been waiting for you". The whispered words come form somewhere behind me.

Damn! I can't believe I didn't hear him coming! He's not gonna let me forget this, ever.

"Nightwing! Man, you love to do this to me, don't you?", I pretend to be mad, but he only smiles and I can't help it, I smile right back at him. I've really missed Dick, I can talk to him about things I could never say to Bruce and he understands only too well what I'm going through.

"Over here Robin". That's Batman's voice. I follow Nightwing into the darkness where Batman stands. "It's good to have you back", that's all he says as he nods at me,and he immediately begins to fill me in on what's going on. That's the Bat, all business.

No wonder there's all this security in this place, the house belongs to some heavy drug lord, a guy named Silvano and those guys are always paranoid about their security. This guy is on every major law enforcement agency most wanted list but so far no one has been able to catch him. One of the reasons for this is that he rarely leaves his own country, he prefers to stay on his own turf, surrounded by his people. He travels with great secrecy, after all, he's not only wanted by the law, his competitors would also like to get rid of him.

Leave it to Batman to find this slippery guy. After all he has a secret weapon those Intelligence agencies would kill to get: Oracle.How she found out about this place is not or business. Our ob is to make sure he doesn't escapes again, as Batman tells us. He wants this guy bad, that's clear and I understand, because if there's something Batman hates more than guns, it's drugs.

Commissioner Gordon has already been informed, and he has agreed to give us time to catch Silvano before he and his men get here and specially, before he alerts the Feds. Its not that Batman doesn't trusts them; he just wants to prevent what could be a bloody gunfight between the police and Silvano's heavily armed men.

The plan is simple, Nightwing will take the rear and create a distraction and, boy, he is really good at that. While the guards are busy outside, Batman will make a more discreet entrance and find Silvano. I will stay out here to give Nightwing a hand, if he needs it, and to make sure no reinforcements get through.

I begin to notice something strange as Batman speaks. He and Nightwing are standing close together but they try very hard not to look at each other. Nightwing turns to look at Batman when he finishes his instructions and for a second Batman hesitates, as if distracted by Nightwings's gaze. Dick quickly looks away again and gets on his way.

Weird. Man, I hope this doesn't mean they had another fight, I hate it when they argue. I love them both and I don't want to take sides, but sometimes its very hard to stay neutral. When this is over I'll talk to Dick about it, right now I have to concentrate on the job at hand. There's a loud noise, like an explosion and I can hear shouts and the sound of gun fire. Nightwing gets everyone's attention all right and Batman is already gone. Okay Robin, show time.

**** **** ****

After all the noise and the smoke have cleared out and the adrenaline rush begins to wear off, I take a moment to look around. There are unconscious goons all around and a firmly chained drug lord, all waiting to be arrested. They won't have to wait long, Batman has already called Commissioner Gordon and I'm sure some of the neighbors have dialed 911. Batman was right, these guys put up a good fight, I'm beat and my costume isn't in better shape.

I can hear sirens already, that means it is time for us to go. Luckily the street is still empty, but I guess no person would be stupid enough to come out when there are bullets flying around.

Batman and Nightwing are as exhausted as I am and they are still acting weird. Damn, there's no time to talk to them. I have to go home now. I sneaked out without problems but if my Dad decides to check up on me I'm dead. He is only just beginning to loosen his strict hold on me and I don't want that to change. I'll just make a quick stop at the Batcave to change clothes, I don't want to leave any of my Robin stuff at home now that I'm boarding Brentwood.

I tell the guys I'll see them there and go get the Redbird.

**** **** ****

They are already in the cave when I get there, Batman is at the computer talking to Oracle and Dick is unloading some equipment from the Batmobile.

"Welcome Master Timothy",- Alfie is coming down the stairs with a plate full of sandwiches and some tea.

"Hey Alfie, thanks," I grab one of the sandwiches and eat it in two bites. He looks at me disapprovingly, but says nothing. I start to take off my costume and watch as Alfred offers the tray to Dick and Bruce.

"Master Bruce, Master Dick. I'm afraid these sandwiches are all I have to offer you. I was quite busy tiding up the house and did not have the time to prepare a proper meal..but there are some pasta leftovers. Would you like me to heat them up?".

There's nothing special about the words, but I swear Alfred's eyes are twinkling and Bruce and Dick look at him as if he had suddenly grown a second head! What's going on here?.

"Thank you Alfred. The sandwiches are fine", Bruce answers and turns back to the computer. Dick just takes a sandwich and starts eating, ignoring the comment.

I want to talk to him, but I really have to go now. Tomorrow I'll make him tell me what's going on between him and Bruce. And I'll have a talk with Alfie too and ask him what that thing about the pasta was. I wish them all good night and head home.

**** **** ****

I slip inside unnoticed and crawl into bed. I'm dead tired but I can keep my eyes closed. I just can't stop thinking about Bruce, Dick and Alfred, and how strange they were all acting.

After tossing and turning for an hour I give up on sleep and decide to go back to the cave. Maybe Dick's still there and if he isn't I'll talk to Alfred. I just have to know what's happening! That's the bad thing about training your mind for detective work, you just can't rest until you have all the answers. Man, I hope is nothing really bad.

**** **** ****

I get inside the Manor with no problem since Bruce has given me the codes for the alarms. Everything's quiet in the Manor when I get there. I don't find Alfred in the kitchen so maybe he's still at the cave.

I go down there, but don't hear any noise, even the computers are turned off. I take a look around and just when I'm about to call out, I catch a movement out of the corner of my eye, in the training area .

I turn and have to blink several times, to make sure that what I'm seeing is real.Yep, it's real, all right. Bruce and Dick are here, and now I know why they where acting so weird. Boy, it's a good thing I came in quietly.

They are lying on a mat, totally naked. Bruce is on top, his head resting on Dick's shoulder and it's very obvious what they were doing.

I feel embarrassed to have invaded their privacy like this, and I should certainly leave now, but I can't stop looking...they are beautiful. That's the first time I have ever thought about them like that. They both work out a lot, of course, but in the crime fighting business that's a necessity. And that was all I thought about it, you know, their bodies just had to be in perfect working order as a practical thing, but now I see that all that hard work has also helped to create the beautiful bodies before me. But their beauty is not the only thing that gets my attention.

Dick is slowly caressing Bruce's back with one hand and he's stroking his hair with the other, as if calming him. I can't see Dick's face from where I'm standing but Bruce's face is clear to me. And is the look on his face what really moves me. I have never seen such a contented and peaceful look on anyone and seeing it in Bruce is specially strange.

Strange because Bruce has never been truly at peace since I met him, and I don't think he was at peace before either. But right here and now, he has found peace, and I can't help to think that I'm finally looking at the real Bruce Wayne. Not the Batman, but the man under the mask, the man he could have been if his life had been different. I hope that peace lasts for them both.

I turn around and leave as quietly as I came in. Finally I'll be able to rest, now that I know there's nothing wrong with them. Alfred! He must have known already, I'm sure of it. That thing about the pasta must have something to do with this. I can hardly wait for tomorrow, he'll have to tell me how he found out, and I'll ask him if he thinks I should tell the guys that I know too.

Well, maybe I won't tell them. I can have fun teasing them the way Alfred was doing and made them pay for keeping secrets from me!.

Next part: Oracle